…but you’re afraid, too shy and just don’t know how you’ll react under a kind of photography situation that’s a long way from how your senior portrait or wedding photos were made. It may be easy for me to say, “trust us, we know what we’re doing” even though it’s true. Instead, here’s a few dos and don’ts that will make your first boudoir portrait a pleasant and fun experience. The point of these tips is to remove any unease taht you might feel; you won’t be stressed out if you just follow these simple suggestions:
- Don’t drink alcohol before or during the Portrait session. Drinking booze during a photo session is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. Drugs, legal or otherwise, are a similarly bad idea.
- Don’t bring an entourage. You’re not Kim Kardashian; the more people present at the shoot, the worst your pictures will look because of distractions.
- Don’t go to Victoria’s Secret and buy new lingerie. Don’t spend money and stress out over shopping. Bring something to wear that you already own, that fits and looks nice; it’s that easy. In the image at right, she didn’t bring any lingerie, just two kimonos. This one of them.
- Don’t have your make-up done. Again for the same reasons as above. Don’t spend extra money and add stress.
- Instead do read these make-up tips on our blog. You can touch it up when you get here. Remember my goal and job is to make you look as beautiful as possible.
And if you’re concerned about cost here’s a special offer good only a few readers of this post: After this post appears, the first three women sending me an e-mail via the Contact button saying, “I’m not shy” and would like to be photographed like today’s featured image will receive a one-hour boudoir portrait session at no cost. At the end of the session you’ll receive your choice of a CD or flash drive containing all of the images we make together to take home with you. You can use the photos on social media or have prints made at Target or wherever. No strings, the pix are yours. I’m waiting to hear from you; the clock is ticking.